Favorite BaO Batman Villain?

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Lay off of October...and more stuff

Alright, so today I had a lot of free time on my hands and decided to finally read the October baits. Now, after reading all the negative buzz about the October baits, I just want to say right now that October was, in my opinion, a fairly good month. Sure, there was no bait will be looked at as one of the best ever, and maybe there were none that was so mesmorizing, but OVERALL this was a strong month with a hat full of good baits. How many were great? Well, not many, but there were some great baits, followed with a bunch of good baits that I enjoyed reading.

I'll just say right now my favorite bait this month is Behind Closed Doors. I don't normally get chills when I read baits, but this one gave me slight chills. It has a perfect cast and a very intriguing plot. Now, follow that up with baits like For Pay, The Dead President, Harvey Black, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Criminal Origins, Field of Desire, Switching Time, Zeppelin 2020, The Cloud, Home Sweet Home, Welcome Back....you can honestly tell me this was a BAD month? Sure, it wasn't a GREAT month, but a GOOD one. Will some of these baits make the top 20 of all time? No, but to say this was a bad month is kind of pushing it. So, I for one say that this was a good month with a hand full of good baits.

With that being said, I'd just like to say I apologize for "The Good Guy" being a disapointment to some. Like I said in the forum, I wasn't too confident with it when I sent it in and I completely expected the reviews it recieved. I would also like to thank everyone who supported my bait Tabula Rasa, which was obviously my "baby" this month and I thank you for its nominations this month. I'll try to come back strong next month and not disappoint anyone.

So, once again, October is not as bad as the buzz made it out to be. Congrats to all the nominees and I'll see ya in November.

2 comments:

zgamer said...

The Good Guy wasn't that bad. Sure, it may have been a bit malnourished, but it was a good read. Also, I agree with you on your comments of October's quality. I think we're just easy to jump the gun on quality given that we've had some really strong months in the past (February 07, July 07, August 06.) Good luck to you this month.

ChrisM1986 said...

Tony thanks for you’re comments, coming from you, someone who appreciates horror and psychological thrillers as much as I do; I take that as a great compliment, and thanks for acknowledging “Switching Time” as well . On your thoughts of this months contest I completely agree with you. I thought October had some great baits. When we look back at this month, we will see a group of films that demonstrated great innovativeness, as displayed with films like and “Zeppelin 2020” and “Criminal Origins” and creativity with baits such as the “The Gold of Cajamarca” and “Tabula Rasa” and controversial subject matter such as “For Pay”: it was a shame that some films got overshadowed this month from the early wave of negativity. I think when we look back; some of these baits will be looked upon as “top 20 candidates.”

This is my second best picture nomination (*the first was June’s “The End of the Alphabet”), and the second time that I have been able to get a film nominated that many people considered a “un-baity” subject matter. I would like to thank anyone who voted for this film based on its merits: its writing, and my creative choices, and did not prematurely judge the film based on the controversial subject matter. I think it’s really encouraging to other writers to be able to come up with something fun and different instead of having to think that in order to be successful they have to submit a film that must fit a specific generic mold to gain attention. Hopefully people will continue to think outside of the box. I think it makes the contest more fun. Good Luck to everyone, and let’s keeping the contest going with quality baits.